Ordinary private visa is issued to the citizens of Norway, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation for guest visit based on:
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation invitation, based on a request from a citizen of the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen with the Russian Federation residence permit or a legal entity.
- A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizens.
- A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives.
Ordinary private visa may also be issued in connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian Federation for urgent treatment or due to a serious illness or death of a close relative if one has the documents confirming the necessity of urgent treatment, serious illness or death of a close relative.
Private visa is issued for a period up to 90 days and may be single- or double-entry.
Please note! Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- Name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world, or the Russian Federation, or Europe, including Russia;
- the minimum amount of cover must be 30,000 EUR;
- signature of the insurer.
Absence of a policy may serve as grounds for the imposition of administrative sanctions and denying an entry into the Russian Federation.
For persons visiting military or civilian burial sites, it is necessary to submit the following documents (*According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and EU):
- Original or a stamped and signed copy of a document confirming the existence of the burial site. The document must be issued by a Russian government agency or the organization “Red Cross”;
- Original or a copy of a document confirming the kinship (lineal consanguinity*) of an applicant and the buried. *Relatives with lineal consanguinity are parents, children, grandchildren, spouses, grandparents;
- For persons visiting military and civilian burial sites usually short-term private visas are issued valid for up to 14 days.
An ordinary private visa may be issued to a foreign citizen in a connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian federation for urgent treatment, due to a serious illness or death of a close relative, based on a decision of the Ambassador of the Russian Federation or Consul-General of the Russian Federation due to a written request of a foreign citizen.
The following documents are to be included to a request:
- a written confirmation from a Russian medical institution issued on an official letterhead (stamped) indicating the necessity of emergency medical care, emergent hospitalization, emergent examination or a serious illness of a person who is being visited requiring constant care.
- or death certificate of a citizen – applicant’s close relative. Close relatives are taken to be spouses, children, parents, including parents-in-law, if a spouse is an accompanying person, siblings);
- or an international telegraph message indicating death of a citizen certified by an official from an institution of communication;
- a document confirming immediate relationship of an applicant and a person to be visited or immediate relationship of an applicant and the deceased.
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry private visa the following must submitted:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation; Or
- A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizen; Or
The following documents must be enclosed to the application:
- Copy of the applicants’ passport;
- Documents confirming the degree of kinship with the applicant (copies of birth certificate of an underage child or marriage certificate)
Important! Norwegian-language documents confirming the degree of kinship of the applicant must contain a seal “Apostille” on the back side.
A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives* – spouses, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren. The lawful residence must be proven by providing a copy of the documents clarifying the status, such as resident permit, temporary residence permit, student or work visa enclosed to the request.
*The degree of kinship must be confirmed by providing the appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries. In case of the grandparents or grandchildren requests, two copies of appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries that confirm the lineal consanguinity of the persons in question must be provided. Important! Norwegian-language documents confirming the degree of kinship of the applicant must contain a seal “Apostille” on the back side.
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service "Express Photo";
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
- If you are not a citizen of Norway, it is also necessary to submit a copy of permanent residence on the territory of Norway or registreringsbevis from the Police.
Dere kan lese nærmere om innlevering av dokumenter via posten i avsnitt Postal service.
Important! In case of possessing two or more passports, before submitting the documents to a Russian Visa Office, please, make sure there are no valid visas in other documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Center. Please note that we only accept payment with credit oк debit card. Cash payment is not accepted.
For citizens of Norway and the European Union
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee(incl. VAT) (inclusiv TVA)|
|Single-, double-entry visa|
|4-10 business days||315 NOK||300 NOK|
|1-3 business days||630 NOK||300 NOK|
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and the European Union in a number of cases based on the category of the applicant and purpose of travel, a private visa may be issued without paying the consular fee.
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a Norway or the European Union citizen, please specify the cost of your visa by calling an operator of a call-center.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consideration period||Service fee(incl. VAT)|
|640 NOK||300 NOK|
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding the procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
For more information on the submission of the documents by post see section Postal service.
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Russian Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 120 NOK for each filled in page of the application form. Please ask the Operator of the Russian Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.